graduation memories
Tomorrow would be my younger sister’s graduation. Looking at her today, I can’t help but remember how I felt the time I was marching on my own graduation rites. I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I remember telling myself that I should be feeling a sense of relief after all the pains and heartaches college life brought me. Instead a feeling of regret is all that I can think of at that moment. Regret that I could’ve done more and I could’ve spread my wings a lot farther had I just been the bold person that I am right now.
However, I could say that college life had been a lot more than what I expected it to be. It taught me a lot of the basic things I needed in life. It is in this phase where I felt the agony of waiting for the dreaded class cards to be released, only to find out that I was among those who were “pasang-awa”…thank goodness! The sacrifice of staying up late at night or not being able to watch my favorite TV show just so I could finish my report due the next day, staying true to the fact that I am a big time in the art of cramming. The fear of not being able to fit into a group, the hazards of skipping meals so that my allowance could get me through the week. Oh! And did I mention that I was barely in the middle of the week? Go figure. It is in this light that I would say; never underestimate the budgetary skills of a college student.
But I am digressing from the topic. I am talking here of the very goal where all these toiling and hard work springs from, and that is the very much anticipated graduation day. I can’t really describe how I felt during my graduation. Maybe because I was all nerves at that time, thus it was difficult for me to really remember what and how it happened. Seems like I just got through the motions of marching with just one thing in mind. That when all this would be over, when the music has faded, the stage decorations removed and the graduates have marched on to their respective futures, I would be on my own. No teachers or professors this time, only the world and me.
Tomorrow will be different. I will be at the graduation of my sis… to see how a graduation ceremony evokes different emotions in a different point of view. Right now I’m just excited to see a lot of graduates eager to see what the future has in store for them. I just wish that the future does not surprise them with too many disappointments. But with a society just like ours, that would be wishing too much.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home