Friday, April 20, 2001

collecting zzzz's

I should be sleeping by now. I should be way past my REM stage. But no, I am still wide awake trying to complete this blasted crossword puzzle, which had been slaving me around for hours now.

Sleep they say is important for growing children. I am not a child anymore (but I still act like one at times) but I still think that it is important for me, sleep that is. I realized this after spending a lot of sleepless nights lately. I happen to have this weird sleeping habit I acquired maybe because I don’t have a regular sleeping time. I sometimes sleep at 3 am even if I still have work the following day, which starts at 7 am. Imagine the ordeal I have to go through every time I’m on a morning shift. Trying not to look like a zombie with bloodshot eyes.

I know it’s not a healthy habit, but hey I can’t help it. I have read somewhere before (during one of those times when I really can’t make myself doze off into dreamland), that if a person is deprived of an hour of sleep a certain number of that person’s brain cells dies. Now that's terrible, and that’s the reason why I’m ending this thing I’m doing right now. I better catch myself some zzzz’s and save some brain cells on the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home